What is Orthodontic Treatment?
If you have crooked teeth, an overbite, or gaps between your teeth, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment to straighten your smile and correct your bite. Many people believe that braces are only for youngsters, although orthodontics can help people of all ages. To see if orthodontic therapy is correct for you, consider the numerous difficulties that this treatment can fix, as well as the various benefits of orthodontic treatment. However, the first step in any therapy is to visit your dentist for X-rays and a consultation.
Orthodontic treatment improves the appearance and functionality of your teeth by repositioning them. Orthodontic treatment can also improve the aesthetics of your face as well as the function of your jaw muscles and joints. Your teeth can be carefully pushed into the proper position using braces, retainers, or other devices that apply gentle pressure over several months or even years.
Orthodontics has a number of advantages.
- Improves the position, function, and appearance of dental components : This is certainly the most obvious advantage.
- Improves the health of the bone and gums : Proper occlusion and positioning of the teeth promote the health of both the bone and the gums.
- Improve the mouth’s health and oral hygiene : Correct tooth alignment helps Dental Health and proper cleaning of the entire oral cavity, and so improves the overall condition.
- Relieves possible excessive pressures on the jaw joint : Incorrect bite, as well as the location and malalignment of the teeth, creates malocclusions, which can lead to joint strain.The malocclusions that cause pressure on the joint can be corrected by correcting the bite, as well as the location and alignment of the teeth.
- Aids digestion : Food may not be chewed properly due to malocclusion. Food digestion and swallowing become more difficult as a result of this. This issue will be resolved after the bite has been fixed.
- Lower the risk of oral infections, tooth decay, and periodontal disease : The danger of caries and getting some other type of periodontal disease is lowered by improving the general state of the mouth, as well as the ease of Oral Health. It makes teeth brushing easier and makes dental plaque removal easier, which helps to avoid tartar formation.
- It is possible to improve both speech and pronunciation : Some patients with significant biting issues may have difficulty articulating and/or pronouncing words. These speech issues are alleviated and corrected when patients receive orthodontic treatment.It’s best to begin orthodontic treatment as soon as possible. Much of the child’s facial structure is developed at the time they enter their teenage years. By using functional appliances to accelerate facial development, 79 percent of orthodontic therapy can be completed before the adult teeth appear. Patients between the ages of 8 and 11 are significantly more cooperative than those between the ages of 12 and 14. Another advantage of early orthodontic treatment is that children will have to wear fixed braces on their adult teeth for a shorter period of time.
Orthodontics in Surat
- Monday:7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- tuesday:7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- thursday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- friday:7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Ask the Expert
Have a brief question you would like answered by one of our experts? Please use the form below: